CANdrive J1939 to Gauge Interface
Can Input/Output Modules
CANdrive offers a cost-effective instrument solution for modern electronic engines.
CANdrive modules read engine ECU CAN bus/J1939 data, drive standard electric panel gauges and provide LED indication of status and faults. CANdrive has three dedicated outputs for tachometer, oil pressure and coolant temperature gages, with DIP switch selectable compatibility for Murphy, VDO or Datcon gauges. For volume orders, the outputs can be custom configured for other gage types, lamps, relays or remote signaling.
• Converts ECU CAN to drive standard gauges
• LED indication of status and faults
• Compatibility with Murphy, VDO and Datcon
• Outputs for Tacho, Oil Pressure and Coolant Temp gauges
- Operating voltage:
- 12V range (switch S5 on/up): 7 to 16 VDC
- 24V range (switch S5 off/down): 19 to 30 VDC
- Current consumption:
- CDV100: 25 mA typ.
- CDV300: 50 mA typ. (2 LEDs lit)
- CAN bus: SAE J1939 protocol. Input has a 120 Ohm terminating resistor, removable by switch S4.
Outputs (all ratings non-reactive)
- Oil pressure gage, engine temperature gage:
- switch selectable for Murphy, VDO or Datcon gages: see Gage Compatibility section for pressure/temperature verses equivalent sender resistance tables
- Tachometer: pulsed DC, 119 Hz ±1% @ 1500 RPM
- Case material: polycarbonate / polyester / epoxy encapsulation
- Overall dimensions (w x h x d): 68 x 92 x 22mm / 2.7 x 3.8 x 0.9 in. (allow 50mm / 2.0 in. depth with connector)
- Weight: approx 80g / 0.2 lb
- Operation: –40 to +85°C / –40 to +185°F, 70% RH
- Storage: –55 to +105°C / –67 to +221°F
- Environmental sealing: IP60 (CDV300R: IP65 from front with optional CDVG gasket)
- Vibration: 15g, 10 to 2000 Hz, 3 axes
- Shock: 50g, 11 mS, 3 axes